Houston Outpatient Rehab Center
Intensive Drug and Alcohol Outpatient Rehab After Detox
Get Help Today.
Get Sobriety Guidance With Houston Outpatient Rehab
Detox is the start of a brand new life in recovery, and just like with any other new beginning, there will be many challenges you’ll have to face along the way. Due to the chronic nature of addiction, it’s best to continue your recovery journey with the guidance of licensed addiction treatment specialists who can provide individualized care.
After detox, an intensive outpatient program (IOP) provides the structure and support necessary to maintain long-term sobriety and to learn how to live a sober lifestyle. At Briarwood, we partner with Nova Recovery Center to provide our detox clients with comprehensive ongoing addiction treatment after detox.
Nova’s Houston IOP provides discreet and confidential group sessions that meet three times a week. The schedule is flexible so you can easily reintegrate into school, the workforce, or your current job as you focus on sustaining your sobriety after detox.
Each outpatient session provides substance abuse education, clinical counseling, life skills development, peer recovery support, and 12-Step work to help you better understand your addiction and manage it as you pursue the goal of lasting recovery.
The Houston outpatient rehab program is led by licensed addiction treatment professionals who are well-equipped to guide you as you navigate the unique challenges of early sobriety. If you’ve recently completed detox and you’re ready to move on to the next stage of treatment, a Houston intensive outpatient program may be a great option for you.
What Are the Benefits of Enrolling In IOP After Detox?
- Decreased risk of relapse – After you complete detox, Houston IOP sessions will focus on methods you’ll use to prevent relapse, establish healthy relationships, and deal with triggers and stress as you reintegrate back into work, school, or life at home. This support will empower you with important life skills and social tools for lasting sobriety.
- Individualized accountability – Every individual in recovery has specific needs that are unique to them. Nova’s Houston outpatient addiction treatment is carefully curated to meet each client’s needs and provide individual accountability and guidance with an appropriate level of engagement and complexity.
- Sober peer support – Starting over after detox can be challenging, especially if none of your friends or loved ones are supportive of your recovery. In outpatient rehab, you’ll have opportunities to meet other sober, like-minded individuals who share similar life experiences. This can help you gain self-confidence and resilience, learn how to communicate effectively, and learn from others’ shared experiences as you establish healthy, sober relationships.
- Strong local recovery community – Starting over sober anywhere is challenging, but in Houston, you’ll have access to countless 12-Step and non-12-Step recovery support groups that meet weekly. Many IOP clients choose to supplement their formal treatment with community support groups as a way to expand their sober support system and engage with other sober people.
Would you prefer to stay at home for your outpatient sessions?
We offer convenient and effective online treatment for drug and alcohol addiction. Same quality, same value, more convenience.
- Attend fully interactive online group sessions through a convenient video platform.
- Access your treatment program from your computer, phone, or tablet.
- Get individualized and comprehensive treatment from a licensed counselor at a licensed Texas facility.
- Gain valuable tools and skills that will help you stay sober.
- Establish a sober support system through regular interaction with treatment professionals and other sober people.
- Avoid face-to-face encounters during the worldwide coronavirus pandemic.
How Long Does Houston IOP Take?
Nova’s Houston IOP lasts about eight weeks. The program spans an appropriate duration of time to allow clients to glean the benefits of a full spectrum of individualized care after they complete detox and begin to gradually reintegrate back into society.
Continue Healing From Addiction With Balanced and Evidence-Based Outpatient Treatment
- Individual counseling – During IOP, you’ll meet weekly with a licensed counselor one-on-one. These sessions are designed to cater to your unique treatment needs, address any specific obstacles you face, and highlight opportunities for personal growth.
- Group counseling – Group sessions in Houston outpatient rehab can help you feel less lonely and isolated in your new sober life. With each session, you’ll gradually develop self-awareness and resilience. You’ll also engage with your sober peers to keep one another accountable as you work through the 12-Step Program and internalize the principles of each step.
- Educational lectures – Educational lectures are offered in several different formats to engage individuals with different learning styles. The purpose of these lectures is to provide essential details to help you better understand addiction and learn how to manage it by making lifestyle changes.
- Experiential therapy – Counselors use experiential therapy during Houston outpatient treatment to introduce a low-pressure environment where you can better process issues and face challenging emotions. This type of therapy often includes things like art projects, music, or outdoor recreation.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy – CBT is known to be highly effective for the treatment of substance use disorders and your counselors will use these therapeutic methods during outpatient rehab to help you modify your behavior, develop relapse prevention strategies, and learn how to cope with triggers and high-risk situations.
- 12-Step facilitation therapy – Nova’s Houston outpatient rehab is firmly rooted in the 12-Step Program, actively encouraging clients to engage with the principles of the 12 Steps. As you work through the program alongside sober peers, you’ll also incorporate spiritual practices like meditation and yoga, which have lasting wellness benefits.
- Contingency management – Addiction treatment specialists and counselors use contingency management during IOP to encourage positive behaviors with tangible rewards and bring negative behaviors to light with intentional discussions and personal reflection.
Experience Houston Alongside Your Sober Peers
A sober lifestyle is so much more rewarding when you’re living it alongside sober peers. Fortunately, Houston is a great place to start your recovery journey after detox with outpatient rehab, as it is home to many different types of 12-Step community recovery groups. If you prefer a non-12-Step group, you can also find local groups like LifeRing, SMART Recovery, or Secular Organizations for Sobriety (SOS) that meet weekly in Houston.
Getting plugged in and engaged with a local recovery support group can supplement your formal treatment and provide additional opportunities for personal growth and relationship-building.
Experience Premier Outpatient Rehab In a Safe, Convenient Location
Nova’s Houston outpatient rehab is located at 1010 Waverly Street. It’s easily accessible by car or bus and is ideally situated in the historic Houston Heights neighborhood.
Break Free From Your Addiction Today
(in 3 easy, confidential steps)
Verify your insurance
Complete our fast, free, and easy verification process over the phone to determine the extent of your insurance coverage.
Make an informed decision
We will provide personalized placement recommendations based on your insurance, treatment needs, financial situation, and schedule.