Intensive Outpatient Program Austin
Austin Outpatient Rehab Center
Intensive Drug and Alcohol Outpatient Rehab
Beds Available Today.
Outpatient Rehab That Is Tailored to Meet Your Needs
After detox, intensive individualized addiction treatment can help you sustain your sobriety as you adjust to a sober lifestyle. An intensive outpatient program (IOP) provides a high level of structure and support for individuals who are transitioning out of detox or a residential rehab program. Your whole world may seem different once you get sober, but life keeps moving forward, even while you work to free yourself from addiction. IOP helps you strike a balance by giving you the flexibility to attend treatment without neglecting important responsibilities like work, school, or other duties at home.
At Briarwood, we partner with Nova Recovery Center to provide our detox clients with the best-post detox addiction treatment available. Nova’s Austin IOP meets three times a week at a comfortable and convenient clinical location. With each group session, you’ll explore the depths of personal issues related to addiction, gain important life skills, receive peer recovery support, and learn valuable knowledge about substance abuse and recovery that will help you maintain your sobriety and prevent relapse.
During Austin outpatient rehab, licensed addiction treatment professionals offer comprehensive care and support to help you navigate the challenges of early recovery. If you just completed detox and you’re searching for a flexible treatment option that will guide you as you continue your recovery journey, Nova’s IOP is an excellent choice.
Convenient Austin Outpatient Addiction Treatment for Long-Lasting Sobriety
Austin intensive outpatient rehab offers several great benefits for people who are recovering from drug and alcohol addiction and have recently completed detox.
- Life skills and relapse prevention strategies – After completing detox, you may be physically sober, but you’ll likely need help modifying the self-destructive behaviors that landed you in detox in the first place. IOP will also teach you how to manage cravings, high-risk situations, and difficult circumstances sober by helping you develop important life skills and strategies for relapse prevention.
- Consistent accountability – It can be hard to stay sober after detox, even for the most determined individuals. Whether your loved ones and friends are supportive of your sobriety or not, Austin IOP provides consistent accountability with structured programming and individualized care so you can maintain your sobriety after detox is over.
- Peer recovery support – Group counseling sessions in Austin outpatient treatment provide a sense of camaraderie and offer plenty of opportunities to connect with other like-minded people in recovery. Discussions during these sessions will empower you with communication skills and social skills that will help you establish healthy relationships moving forward. Research shows peer recovery support in addiction recovery also boosts self-esteem, improves resilience, and reduces rates of relapse.
- Strong recovery community in Austin – Attending an Austin IOP after detox also gives you the added benefit of having access to a vibrant and diverse recovery community. With plenty of ways to engage with local 12-Step groups and non-12-Step groups, you’ll have a plethora of options for outside support. Austin is also home to many beautiful parks, outdoor recreation activities, amazing food, and fun events that don’t require drugs or alcohol to enjoy.
Would you prefer to stay at home for your outpatient sessions?
We offer convenient and effective online treatment for drug and alcohol addiction. Same quality, same value, more convenience.
- Attend fully interactive online group sessions through a convenient video platform.
- Access your treatment program from your computer, phone, or tablet.
- Get individualized and comprehensive treatment from a licensed counselor at a licensed Texas facility.
- Gain valuable tools and skills that will help you stay sober.
- Establish a sober support system through regular interaction with treatment professionals and other sober people.
- Avoid face-to-face encounters during the worldwide coronavirus pandemic.
How Long Does Austin IOP Take?Nova’s Austin intensive outpatient program lasts about eight weeks. This is an ideal duration of time for individuals who are just coming out of detox and need consistent structure and support to be successful in sobriety.
Our Austin IOP Provides Holistic Addiction Treatment Backed By Licensed Addiction Treatment Professionals
- Individual counseling – During IOP, you’ll meet weekly with a licensed counselor one-on-one. These sessions are designed to cater to your unique treatment needs, address any specific obstacles you face, and highlight opportunities for personal growth.
- Group counseling – Group sessions in Austin outpatient rehab can help you feel less lonely and isolated in your new sober life. With each session, you’ll gradually develop self-awareness and resilience. You’ll also engage with your sober peers to keep one another accountable as you work through the 12-Step Program and internalize the principles of each step.
- Educational lectures – Educational lectures are offered in several different formats to engage individuals with different learning styles. The purpose of these lectures is to provide essential details to help you better understand addiction and learn how to manage it by making lifestyle changes.
- Experiential therapy – Counselors use experiential therapy during Austin outpatient treatment to introduce a low-pressure environment where you can better process issues and face challenging emotions. This type of therapy often includes things like art projects, music, or outdoor recreation.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy – CBT is known to be highly effective for the treatment of substance use disorders and your counselors will use these therapeutic methods during outpatient rehab to help you modify your behavior, develop relapse prevention strategies, and learn how to cope with triggers and high-risk situations.
- 12-Step facilitation therapy – Nova’s Austin outpatient rehab is firmly rooted in the 12-Step Program, actively encouraging clients to engage with the principles of the 12 Steps. As you work through the program alongside sober peers, you’ll also incorporate spiritual practices like meditation and yoga, which have lasting wellness benefits.
- Contingency management – Addiction treatment specialists and counselors use contingency management during IOP to encourage positive behaviors with tangible rewards and bring negative behaviors to light with intentional discussions and personal reflection.
Get Plugged in With a Strong and Established Local Recovery Community in Austin
Austin is an amazing city that is growing quickly, but it’s also home to a diverse and well-established sober community. IOP clients attend local recovery support group meetings to supplement their formal treatment and, fortunately, Austin has no lack of options.
With an extensive selection of local Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), Narcotics Anonymous (NA), and other 12-Step meetings available each week, you can easily get plugged in with a local group. Austin also offers many non-12-Step groups such as LifeRing and Secular Organizations for Sobriety (SOS), if you prefer an alternative.
Convenient and Safe Location in North Central AustinNova’s Austin outpatient program is located at 7501 E Highway 290 in North Central Austin. It’s a safe and convenient location that can easily be accessed by car or with local bus transit.
Break Free From Your Addiction Today
Call (888) 857-0557 or fill out our online form for a free and confidential personal consultation with an admissions specialist.
Verify your insurance
Complete our fast, free, and easy verification process over the phone to determine the extent of your insurance coverage.
Make an informed decision
We will provide personalized placement recommendations based on your insurance, treatment needs, financial situation, and schedule.