Long-Term Residential Treatment
90-Day inpatient treatment to ensure long-term sobriety
Get Help Today.
Why Should I Detox First?
The primary focus of drug and alcohol detox is to safely and comfortably rid your body of addictions. Throughout your detox program, you’ll likely experience some withdrawal symptoms as your body adjusts to an absence of addictive substances and all the physical changes that come along with that.
It may take anywhere from five to seven days (or longer) to complete your detox program, but once you do, you may think that your work is done and that you’re ready to live a substance-free life on your own.
For some, this may be true. But for most of us, the hard work has just begun.
In truth, drug detox is just the very beginning of a long and rewarding journey into a life of sobriety. Detox alone is not a cure for addiction, and you’ll need to continue your treatment if you want to experience lasting results. Most people who enroll in treatment and remain involved in it for an extended period stop using drugs, decrease their criminal activity and can function much better on a social, occupational, and psychological level.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, treatment lasting less than 90 days will have limited effectiveness and good outcomes are contingent on adequate treatment length. Treatment lasting for longer than 90 days is highly recommended for those who would like to maintain their sobriety for life.
Addiction treatment programs typically include several different stages of treatment, including alcohol and drug detox, residential treatment, outpatient treatment, sober living, and aftercare. If you or your loved one is currently enrolled in detox, the next natural stage of treatment for you may be residential rehab.
What is Long-Term Residential Treatment?
Long-term residential drug treatment refers to an inpatient drug and/or alcohol rehab that spans 90 days or longer. With this type of treatment, clients are required to remain in a monitored setting with other individuals in recovery throughout the duration of their program. Typically, residential rehab takes place in a comfortable home-like setting, not in a hospital.
Treatments and daily schedules throughout long-term rehab programs are highly structured and often incorporate several treatment approaches and behavioral therapies. These involve personal reflection, addiction education, group and personal therapy sessions, and even personal fitness. All of these components work together to address the whole person (not just the addiction) and help residents understand the scope of their addiction, as well as experience true, lasting recovery.
Benefits of Long-Term Drug & Alcohol Rehab
- Opportunities to address the underlying causes of addiction. Most often, addiction is a symptom of an underlying issue that has not been resolved. Long-term rehab provides evidence-based treatment facilitated by experienced staff members who use a trauma-informed approach. The therapeutic tools and treatment methods used in rehab will challenge you to face the deeply-buried causes of your addiction, address those issues, and learn how to cope with them in everyday situations.
- Daily structure helps instill healthy habits. A structured treatment approach at long-term drug treatment centers consists of activities that help residents recognize their own harmful thoughts and actions and learn how to replace them with more constructive behaviors and life skills.
- There is no set time limit on recovery. Just as addiction presents itself in various ways, rehabilitation of the mind and body will not be exactly the same for everyone. Long-term rehab provides time for each client to progress through the recovery process at their own pace.
- Treatment is highly personalized and comprehensive. 90-day residential treatment programs merge individualized counseling with group therapy and evidence-based treatments for a broad, comprehensive approach to addiction recovery. This is especially important for residents who need a dual-diagnosis treatment plan to address psychological issues and substance abuse simultaneously.
- Clients have constant community support. Inpatient residential treatment provides a unique opportunity for consistent community support and accountability. Addiction specialists, therapeutic counselors, and medical staff all play a vital role in the recovery process and should all be actively involved in a client’s rehab program.
How to Determine the Quality of Care At a Residential Rehab Center
Finding high-quality treatment is essential to lasting recovery so the decision should not be considered lightly. If you are trying to determine if a long-term residential treatment center is right for you, start by asking yourself the following questions:
- Is the staff qualified and experienced?
- Are the treatment options appropriate for my needs?
- Is my family involved and addressed during rehab?
- Do I feel safe and comfortable at the facility?
- What kind of recreational activities are available at the facility?
- Does the program offer any aftercare options, such as sober living or outpatient addiction treatment?
How to Pay for Residential Rehab
Many residential drug treatment centers will accept insurance benefits to help offset the cost of treatment. Some will also provide sliding scale payment plans and financing options for out-of-pocket expenses. Other potential options for payment may include:
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) funds
- Medical credit card
- A personal loan from family or friends
- Scholarships or grants
Contact the residential center directly to get more information about paying for substance abuse rehab treatment and refer to your insurance policy for details on your coverage.
At Briarwood Detox Center, we partner with Austin residential treatment center, Nova Recovery Center, which accepts most forms of insurance and can also help you explore alternative payment options.
Break Free From Your Addiction Today
(in 3 easy, confidential steps)
Verify your insurance
Complete our fast, free, and easy verification process over the phone to determine the extent of your insurance coverage.
Make an informed decision
We will provide personalized placement recommendations based on your insurance, treatment needs, financial situation, and schedule.
Get life-changing treatment
Free, Confidential Conversation