Table of contents
Drug addiction can be one of the toughest challenges confronting people. It has been estimated that more than 92% of individuals incarcerated in correctional facilities have some type of substance abuse issue. If you or someone you know is struggling with drug addiction, it’s important to know where to find treatment options in your area and which treatments are most likely to help result in success.
Seeking the perfect rehabilitation program will be the initial stage of rehabilitation. There are a few direct assistance accessible. Some people need an inpatient program while others might qualify for an outpatient program.
Types of treatments:
Holistic treatments can help you get on the path to recovery by combining your mental, physical and spiritual health. These techniques focus on helping you to reconnect with God and to take responsibility for your behaviors, decisions, and actions. Holistic treatments also use a non-judgmental approach, helping you to regain a sense of self by allowing you to practice the skills that you need to learn while providing nurturing guidance and support.
Long-term residential detox can be considered the “gold standard” of treatment for drug addiction. Detoxing through a drug rehab Austin residential program involves six to twelve weeks depending on the severity of your addiction or dependence. The detox program is followed by an extended period of therapy that may last as long as twelve years, sometimes even longer in some cases.
Rational Emotive Behavior
Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy is a cognitive-behavioral approach to wellness that can help people break free from their negative thoughts and coping strategies For the long diagnosis of depressive disease, it is a powerful instrument. It has proven to be helpful in reducing depression, anxiety, stress, and panic attacks without the use of pharmacological medications such as antidepressants or tranquilizers.
Rational Emotive Theory (RET) describes unhealthy behaviors as being motivated by irrational beliefs about a self or reality that lead to feelings of distress.
Therapy Using Cognitive Behavior
Cognitive-behavioral therapy aims to pinpoint and alter the emotions, ideas, and actions that cause mental suffering. Cognitive therapy can help an individual recognize and change maladaptive thoughts, feelings, emotional reactions, or behaviors by becoming aware of the connection between these factors. This provides a practical approach for understanding how these factors come together to form emotional disturbances such as depression and anxiety.
CBT has been shown to be an effective treatment for many disorders including major depressive disorder (MDD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), eating disorders, panic attacks, general anxiety, social phobia, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia.
An effective 12-step program is the most important tool for helping people stay sober, but it takes a skilled facilitator to create one that achieves the best results. A skilled facilitator can help make an experience enjoyable, healing, and even fun.
A few quick tips to ensure your 12-step program has the best possible chance at success:
- Don’t rush! A new group should take time to settle into a routine before they’re ready to meet their own needs through an organized meeting. It’s much better to start slow than it is to say ‘let’s try this and hope for the best.
- Be open to everything. Be willing to meet any member at any time and in any place at or outside the facility.
- Don’t scare away new members by immediately making them take on responsibilities they’re not ready to handle–get to know them first.
- Let’s be honest: some people in a 12-step group may try to manipulate or control others as part of a power struggle–we know this because we’ve been there! The best way for a practical path of self-discovery is for the members to rely on their own strengths and not be dependent on others.
Types of treatments are just a way to get your things done in the right way, keeping all the measures in check. Whereas choosing any one of the treatments depends on the way you want yourself to get cleaned. Let’s become the best of us.
If you’re ready to get help with overcoming your alcohol addiction, we offer alcohol detox programs in Austin, Houston, and Colorado Springs. Call (888) 857-0557 to speak with an admissions representative or contact us online today.
Get Life-Changing Treatment
- What is the Best Form of Treatment for Addiction?
- Tips for A Successful Thanksgiving When You’ve Got a Newly Sober Family Member at the Table
- PCP (Angel Dust) Facts: Dangers and Signs of Abuse
- Detox Admissions Process Walkthrough
- A Closer Look at Fentanyl Addiction
Break Free From Your Addiction Today
(in 3 easy, confidential steps)
Verify your insurance
Complete our fast, free, and easy verification process over the phone to determine the extent of your insurance coverage.
Make an informed decision
We will provide personalized placement recommendations based on your insurance, treatment needs, financial situation, and schedule.