Table of contents
Addiction treatment specialists at Briarwood are ready to guide and assist you through a simple admissions procedure and individualized detox treatment as soon as you are ready to begin. The following is a step-by-step guide on Briarwood’s tailored admissions process, so you can be prepared and know what to expect from the experience.
1. Private and Personalized Phone Screening
To begin this process, you may either call or fill out a contact form online. An admissions specialist will contact you to gather essential information about your drug or alcohol use and your treatment requirements. Additionally, it is our highest priority that all of your personal information be kept confidential during this process. Because our detox program is not necessarily a fitting option for everyone, we’ll assist you in locating the appropriate treatment resources if we feel there is an option better suited for you.
2. Brief Insurance Verification
Once we’ve determined that Briarwood is a good match for you, we’ll briefly verify your medical insurance over the phone. Please have your insurance company’s name, your member ID number, your date of birth, and the provider’s phone number ready. Again, all information you give will be kept private and confidential. We can provide you with information about alternative payment methods, such as EAP (Employee Assistance Program) benefits or an HSA (Health Savings Account) if you do not have medical insurance or do not wish to use it.
3. Scheduled Admissions Meeting
Our staff will meet with you to go over the admissions process and handle your initial paperwork. If you would like to start your detox therapy right away, our staff will happily begin the intake process. Once you have finished the intake forms, you will meet with our certified medical personnel for an initial assessment.
4. Complete Medical Assessment
Prior to beginning detox treatment, you must complete a physical medical exam with our staff. This comprehensive exam evaluates your medical history, mental health history, current physical condition, and drug and alcohol use history. This procedure is intended to ensure all your immediate needs are met and that we are able to build the best treatment plan for you.
5. Personalized Detox Program
Our team of specialists is dedicated to ensuring that you receive the finest care possible. We use the information gathered from your medical exam to create a personalized treatment plan for you. Throughout your treatment, your drug detox protocol will be modified to ensure that your requirements are met. Additionally, your safety is of the utmost importance.
What to Bring With You to Detox
Other than personal identification, insurance, and medical documents, what should you bring with you to detox? Here’s a comprehensive list of items you can and/or should bring:
- Enough clothing for 5 to 7 days
- Tennis shoes (or any comfortable pair of shoes)
- Jacket or coat
- Personal toiletries and hygiene products (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, sanitary napkins, etc.)
- Books (recovery or spiritual only)
- Laptop and cell phone (Executive Detox only)
Conversely, here are some things we prohibit our patients from bringing to detox:
- Materials or clothing associated with drug use, alcohol use, or sexual content. This also includes promotional logos.
- Firearms or weapons of any kind. Our facilities are equipped with security and protocols to keep our patients and staff safe.
- Products containing alcohol or drug paraphernalia
- Bedding (we have hypoallergenic options to cater to any allergies. Just let the admissions staff know.)
- Personal décor or furniture
- Pets (including ESA and service animals)
- Food or beverages as our facilities provide all meals. We even cater to any allergies you may have!
Detox With Briarwood
Briarwood Detox Center offers detox treatment for alcohol, opioid, methamphetamine, prescription drugs, and much more. Our experienced clinical staff provides round-the-clock monitoring throughout the detox process and our therapy team provides support to help manage the emotional response to treatment. Additionally, we have detox facilities located in Austin, Houston, and Colorado Springs with state-of-the-art amenities.
Briarwood is dedicated to facilitating a healthy and safe environment that empowers people to make significant and lasting changes in their lives. We look forward to supporting you or your loved one on the journey to recovery. Call (512) 277 – 3103 today for more information on our programs and admission process.
Break Free From Your Addiction Today
(in 3 easy, confidential steps)
Verify your insurance
Complete our fast, free, and easy verification process over the phone to determine the extent of your insurance coverage.
Make an informed decision
We will provide personalized placement recommendations based on your insurance, treatment needs, financial situation, and schedule.